MANILA (AdChoiceTV News) — The death count in the aftermath of tropical cyclone Dante (international name: Choi-wan) climbed to nine on Saturday after three more fatalities from Leyte province were reported to the disaster management agency.
The additional casualties were from Calubian town, according to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.
The victims were two boys aged two and seven previously tagged as missing persons and a 51-year-old woman who was “caught in a flash flood while trying to cross [a] river,” the NDRRMC said.
Six other deaths were earlier recorded in Negros Occidental, Cebu province, South Cotabato, Davao de Oro, and Davao del Sur.
Meanwhile, rescuers are still searching for a missing man – around 40 to 45 years old – from Maco, Davao de Oro.
Dante now outside PAR
Tropical Depression Dante exited the country’s storm monitoring area on Saturday, a day after reentering it, the weather bureau said.
It exited at 9:30 a.m., PAGASA said in its 11 a.m. bulletin.
/ART — AdChoiceTV News