LEGAZPI CITY—A police officer was accidentally electrocuted and died in Tabaco City, Albay province on Thursday (May 13).
Maj. Maria Luisa Calubaquib, spokesperson of the Bicol police, said SSgt. Edgardo Valin, 48, was trying to fix a loose electrical wire connected to his residence at the village of Matagbac past 2 p.m.
Valin was using a pair of pliers to do the repair work but he didn’t realize that there was a tear in the rubber handle of the tool, electrocuting him in the process, according to Lt. Col. Edgar Azatea, Tabaco city police chief.
He was rushed to a private hospital but was declared dead by doctors there. Valin was assigned to the Malinao town police station, also in Albay.
Reporting by Albert Rovic Tan / AdChoiceTV News