February 22 to February 26, 2021 Coding Update

AdChoiceTV News — The Number Coding Scheme in Metro Manila and Calabarzon for the Last Week of February 2021 is still suspended as per MMDA. But Truck Ban will be implemented on all major roads like Edsa, C5 etc. So for those truck drivers (6 wheels up) you are prohibited to use Major Roads on your ban hours.

Meanwhile, Makati City will still implement coding scheme but with certain exemptions. Meaning if you are travelling alone, you can’t use your car on your number coding day but if you are travelling with someone or more then you are exempted from the coding scheme.

Metro Manila and some Region is still under General Community Quarantine which might be lifted on March 1 as Metro Manila Mayors who are part of tye IATF decided to proposed to President Duterte to lighten the restrictions in National Capital Region to start rebooting the Economy.

President Rodrigo Duterte and his Cabinet are expected to discuss Monday the recommendation of Metro Manila mayors to place NCR under MGCQ, a proposal opposed by some health experts who believe it could lead to spikes in COVID-19 infections.

Imposing modified general community quarantine nationwide would revert nearly all of supply-side economic activities — which meant producing more goods and providing consumers a wider array of services, Acting Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Karl Kendrick Chua said in a text message Sunday.

If President Duterte approves this proposal pushed by the economic team to recover from the pandemic-induced recession, the nationwide MGCQ will be the closest to firms and industries’ pre-pandemic production levels before the government stopped 75 percent of the economy at the onset of the longest and most stringent Covid-19 lockdown in the region.

As a result of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) imposed from mid-March to May last year, the Philippines fell into its first recession or two straight quarters of year-on-year drop in gross domestic product (GDP) since 1991. And as most of the country, especially the business and financial hub Metro Manila, remained under strict quarantine, the recession lasted for all four quarters of 2020, shrinking GDP by 9.5 percent—the worst post-war outturn.

Current restrictions allowed only those between 15 and 65 years old to go out of their homes.

Chua had said children were a major consumption driver pre-pandemic as most families dined out or shopped with kids in tow.

“That is why our proposal is a package: MCGQ, more public transportation, and lower age allowed to go out,” Chua said.

Duterte is expected to make a decision on Chua’s recommendation this week. — via Albert Rovic Tan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s