AdChoiceTV News — Philippine National Police chief Gen. Debold Sinas on Tuesday (Dec. 22) said police would ask a 16-year-old girl who took a video of the fatal shooting of a woman and her son here by a policeman to testify.
“The video is strong evidence,” Sinas told the victims’ family during his visit to the wake of Sonya Gregorio and her son, Frank Anthony.
“I hope that the other witnesses will help us with the case. We will continue to talk to them,” Sinas said.
Sinas said investigators were already talking to the teenager’s grandmother for her consent on her granddaughter giving testimony.
Sinas handed his calling card to Florentino Gregorio, the husband and father of the victims, and gave assurance that the family was safe.
The policeman, Senior MSgt. Jonel Nuezca, is detained at the Paniqui town police station. He had been indicted for two counts of murder.
“If you have any problem, text me,” Sinas told Florentino.
Sinas and Brig. Gen Valeriano De Leon, Central Luzon police director, handed white and green envelopes to the victim’s family containing cash.
“This is our help and not payment,” Sinas told Florentino. “The case is already strong, there’s evidence.”
“What we are trying to convince is the one who took the video we will talk to her to make our case stronger,” Sinas said.
“What we really want is justice,” Florentino said in reply to Sinas. — via Irvin Chua / AdChoiceTV News